IB/Arts Action Team
Purpose: The purpose of the IB / ARTS ACTION TEAM is to support and strengthen program initiatives, community connections, and the success of all learners by reaching out to students, families, and community.
• Support for program initiatives
• Strengthen community connections
• Reaching out to all groups to reflect the diversity of our students
• Recruitment of other parents and community members to become active in our school and community
• Recruitment of new magnet students to program
• Transition from 6th grade to 7th grade, and from Junior High to High School
• Partnership with the Welcoming Committee
• Receivers and stewards of information
Discussion on Group Structure:
• What will you need from this group in order to accomplish our objectives?
• What do you need personally that will help you come here (child care, light supper, “perks,” etc.)?
• How can we hold each other accountable? What are the ground rules you would like to see for this group?
• How often should the whole group meet together?
• How will group leadership / facilitators be selected?
• How will this group communicate with staff, and receive communications from staff in the high school and district?
• Family Literacy Night
• Test-Prep night
• Health & Wellness Fair
• 10th grade IB MYP Personal Project
• Earth Fair
• Parent / Teacher Conferences
• Transition Academy and activities
• New Student and Family Orientation
• Open House & Choice Fair
• Community and Service events
The Contact Jill Pearson or Kris Edmonds at the high school for more information.