About the Foundation
Established in 1988, Centaur Foundation has given support to Earle Brown Elementary and Brooklyn Center Junior-Senior High School by awarding monetary grants. During the years since its creation, the Foundation has also contributed to District 286 by:
- Offering scholarships to graduating seniors at Brooklyn Center High School.
- Purchasing a baby grand piano for the Rossi Auditorium.
- Making it possible for district 286 teaching staff to experience unique training opportunities.
- Offering academic and curricular grants that are used to enrich and enhance student experiences.
- Supporting after-school and summer programs for PreK-12 students.
- Providing opportunities for students to have new learning experiences away from their school by sponsoring field trips.
- Partnering with other Brooklyn Center organizations that support the youth in the Brooklyn Center Community.
- Helping teachers develop programs that improve student achievement.
In the coming years, Centaur Foundation will continue to provide grants and offer support for programs that help increase academic achievement and promote social development of all students. In addition, the Foundation will:
- Expand the involvement of parents, community members, businesses and civic organizations.
- Establish community connections and relationships that benefit students, staff and schools.
- Enter into partnerships with community agencies that will benefit our schools
- Search for sources that will provide additional funding for the Foundation’s grant program.
Centaur Foundation in the News
2013 Star Tribune