Classroom Celebrations and Events (Including Birthdays)
The Brooklyn Center Community Schools District #286 is committed to the
wellness of all its students. Therefore, party foods (cupcakes, candy, etc.) are not allowed during the school day. Instead, celebrations in the classroom offer an opportunity to focus on the student.
These goals will be achieved by:
- Complying with Federal mandates, which state that all foods served or distributed to students during the school day meet certain standards.
- Ensuring that students with food allergies or sensitivities are protected and included.
- Ensuring that all cultures and religions are respected and included.
- Ensuring that students receive more consistent messaging regarding healthy nutrition.
- Providing a cleaner and safer environment.