Strong Schools = Strong Communities
On November 7, 2017, our community will be asked to vote on two school funding requests to support our students, our staff and our schools.
Increase our operating funds to:
- Improve instruction for all students in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM)
- Expand teacher training to improve academic achievement
- Increase academic opportunities for students
- Replace aging buses to ensure safe and reliable student transportation
Provide construction funds to:
- Add classroom space for our increasing enrollment and growing pre-kindergarten program
- Improve school safety by designing secure building entrances
- Remodel existing classrooms to better support learning in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM)
- Create separate areas for middle school and high school students at Brooklyn Center Secondary school
Our School Board unanimously decided to put these two requests on the November 7 ballot after reviewing our budget projections, the results of a districtwide Facilities study, and our long-range Strategic Plan to increase student achievement.
We know that strong schools help build strong communities, and we are committed to being good stewards of our communities schools and our taxpayer’s dollars. If voters approve both requests, taxes on the average district home would increase less than $7 per month.
Thank you for learning about the requests so you can make an informed vote November 7.
To learn more, attend a Community Information Session on Thursday, October 12, 6:00pm, in the Brooklyn Center Middle & High School Media Center - 6500 Humboldt Avenue N.
Questions regarding the Referendum? Email email@example.com or call 763-450-3389.